Most corporations use external actuaries and retirement consultants to support their pension plans.
Many of our clients have used the same actuary for years – sometimes decades. In many cases, the actuary knows more about your pension plan than any internal employee.
Because the relationship is often so long-lasting, you want to choose the right actuary or retirement consultant from the beginning. You also want to have clarity about what’s included in the scope of services, something that can get lost over time.
We infuse a fresh perspective into your actuarial services, helping to:
- Negotiate what is included and expected in the scope of services
- Determine what is appropriate for frozen plans vs. active plans
- Show due diligence. Our actuaries can review the work product to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Assess communications and provide new ideas to improve your current communications
Working with Curcio Webb
Curcio Webb assists our clients with their retirement plan consultant and actuarial relationships in several ways:
- Renewing consulting service agreements, while ensuring clients receive competitive contract and financial terms, meaningful performance standards, and appropriate service scope.
- Searching for a new actuary or retirement consultant.
- Assist with consolidating services.
- Benchmarking the current service agreement to help employers determine the value of conducting a search vs. renewing with their existing consultant